SaltStack Config installation¶
VMware acquired SaltStack and its products in October 2020. Because of this acquisition, the following changes have occurred or will occur that impact the customers using this website:
- SaltStack Enterprise is now named vRealize Automation SaltStack Config.
- Starting November 2, 2020, the downloadable installation files and packages that are available on the Downloads page will also be available on MyVMware under the vRealize Automation Product.
- Starting June 1, 2021, the downloadable add-on packages (such as the SecOps SDK) that are currently available on the Downloads page will also be available on MyVMware under the vRealize Automation Product.
- The native minion software packages for Arista, Juniper, AIX, and Solaris devices will be open-sourced and available through The Salt Project at a future date. The delta proxy and Agentless Windows modules will also be open-sourced.
- After June 1, 2021 the downloadable files and packages will only be available on MyVMware exclusively. If you are an existing SaltStack customer and you do not yet have your MyVMware account, contact your SaltStack sales or support representative for assistance.
- The installation documentation on this site is also available at VMware Docs Center: Installing and Configuring SaltStack Config. After May 2, 2021 the installation documentation will only be available at VMware Docs Center.
- In addition to changing the download locations, the support process for existing customers is transitioning to VMware. See Contact Support for updated contact information.